Squarespace 7 book and accompanying help site
I wrote the book on Squarespace.
I can now say that in all seriousness... because I did write a book about Squarespace, and it's available now from the Packt publishing website, or your local Amazon site. If you're considering buying it, I'd love it if you purchased through the Packt website, as I get a few more pennies per copy :-)
The book is called Building Business Websites with Squarespace 7, and it's aimed at non-webby people who want to create a professional-looking website for their business. You might be a sole trader or startup who needs a website for your new company, a non-profit organisation who can't afford big agency prices, or perhaps you work in the comms or marketing department for a business that's considering moving their website to Squarespace or another CMS to make it easier to manage your website. My book explains how to do everything you need to know, including:
- Creating a website plan that will ensure your project stays on target
- Conducting research and gathering the materials you will need for your website project
- Creating the site framework and navigation
- Building pages and filling them with content
- Setting up functions such as social sharing, online forms, or e-commerce
- Customising the aesthetic design of your site to match your brand and audience
- Ensuring your site is formatted properly for search engines and all types of devices (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Launching and managing your website
Because I've been working in online marketing and digital media for the last 17 years, it also includes valuable advice beyond just how to build a website with Squarespace, such as:
- Tips on how to structure and write your content for search engines and humans
- Design resources such as where to find images, textures, fonts and illustrations,
- Advice on how to promote your website through social media
- Common pitfalls in website projects and how to avoid them
This book has been a real labour of love (and frustration, as you may have read!), so I'm thrilled that it's now in the wild, ready to help lots of people create and successfully launch their own websites with the Squarespace 7 platform.
At the time of writing, it's the only book available about Squarespace 7, but that's not the only reason to get it if you're new to the platform. In addition to the 363 pages of helpful content, you'll also get a downloadable website plan for you to fill in, and a pre-launch checklist to help you with your content preparation (downloadable from the Packt website when you purchase).
Buy the book now or read on to find out how to get a FREE copy...
Get Squarespace help online, too: Visit square-help.com
I have also made a help website to accompany the book, because sometimes there's no better way to show how something looks or works than by demonstrating it on an actual web page. The help site is called Square Help, and it's online right now. Even if you don't have the book, the Square Help site is a useful place to stop by and learn about how the different page types and functions that come with Squarespace look and work.
On Square Help, you can:
- See a real-life example of every type of Squarespace page, from events to blogs to galleries
- Learn how the commerce (and donation) parts of Squarespace work by playing with them in a safe environment
- Get ideas on how you could adapt different Squarespace blocks to do things you may not have realised they can be used for
- Find answers to common questions about Squarespace templates and functionality
Win a FREE copy of my book - here's how:
I am giving away a free copy of my book, and it's easy to enter to win. All you need to do is visit Square Help and find the hidden 'easter egg'. Here's a clue: my birthday is 15 November.
Here's another clue: there's a search box in the sidebar of most pages :-)