WordPress training in London: Beginner / Advanced – by yours truly
Later this month I will be leading some WordPress training workshops as part of the Social Media Exchange Express. Those lovely and talented peeps at SoundDelivery have put together a great programme of hands-on sessions for people who want to learn more about how to do pretty much anything in social media. From Twitter to podcasting to wikis, Facebook to blogging to video editing - and a lot more in between - if you want to learn how to do it and come away from the day with some concrete work under your belt, this is right up your street. The day will be broken up into bite-size chunks Pick & Mix stylee, so you can choose to attend up to 4 different sessions on different topics.
I'll be running 2 workshops on WordPress: one for beginners, one a bit more advanced. The beginners session will include:
- What the heck is WordPress and what can I use it for?
- Getting set up on WordPress (the technical bit!)
- Choosing a design for your WordPress blog/site
- First steps into publishing on WordPress
The advanced session will focus on:
- Using WordPress as a content management system for your website
- Expanding WordPress's features and functionality with plugins and widgets
- Enhancing your WordPress site with rich media
The date is Wednesday 29 September, so put it in your diary and sign up here.
See you there!