The Small & Simple Website
Up to 5 pages • Clean, Minimal Design
You get a gorgeous website, training on how to manage it, and I'll take care of all the technical stuff like domains, image formatting and SEO basics.
This option is best if you:
- Don't need a highly detailed design with lots of flourishes - just something modern, polished and professional, or
- Already have a specific Squarespace template in mind that you want to match closely, or
- Want to use great photography as the main design element, so the rest of the design should take a back seat to let the imagery shine through.
Turnaround time: Within 2-3 weeks from start date (when you send me all required materials). Lead time: Normally 3-4 weeks.
- Expert advice throughout the project, including best use of Squarespace layout elements and other features in order to communicate with your target audience in the optimal manner
- Website prep kit for you/your team: guidelines, instructions and templates you can use to gather your content & materials
- Proper setup of your Squarespace 7 account, including basic SEO setup, geographic settings (timezones, etc) and other administrative elements
- Up to 5 web pages, including any of the non-Commerce Squarespace page types (standard web page, blog, events, gallery or scrolling index page made up of multiple horizontal sections)
- Use of any standard Squarespace content/functionality blocks, such as text, images, forms, video, galleries, maps, audio
- Best practice image optimisation for your photos, so your site loads quickly and looks great on all types of devices
- Connection to your Mailchimp, OpenTable or AcuityScheduling account to use the Squarespace integration
- Design of a custom social sharing image and browser icon based on your logo/branding
- Connection to social media accounts, to display links/icons and/or feeds
- Up to 1.5 hours personalised training at my London office, via screenshare/videoconference, or through a set of tailored videos that you can refer back to in future
- Domain mapping (pointing) of 1 domain to your new website
- 20% discount on your Squarespace subscription (available for new accounts only)
- Consultation Stage: Through an email/phone/Skype consultation, we will discuss your sample websites and my recommended Squarespace template options, along with details of how each could be customised to match your brand. We will also discuss things like buttons, colours and other style choices.
- Design Stage 1: I'll choose the best template for your project and create a working prototype website with your branding applied (usually homepage and one inner page). You will feed back about any adjustments that may be desired.
- Design Stage 2: I'll apply the adjustments based on the previous stage feedback, often also building additional key page(s) at this stage so you can see how the design will work on other important pages on your website. You will sign off the design* (template & aesthetics) at this stage.
- Final Build: Any remaining pages will be built (by me, you, or a combination) and you'll review these before signing them off. See Training section below.
- Testing: We'll test any forms, downloads, or other functionality on the website.
- Pre-Launch: You'll set up payment for your Squarespace account (if you don't have one already) and supply any info about domain names or redirects (if you have an existing website).
- Launch: I will point the domain and/or remove any password protection from the site, then it's time to break out the bubbly!
- Training: This can take place either before or after launch. Some clients like to have it beforehand, if they plan to create any pages themselves. Creating your own pages can be a good way to save money and get familiar with the system while I'm on hand for questions.
User Experience Consultation: £250
Not sure where to start? Tap into my 17+ years' experience with websites and let me help you formulate the right site structure and content formats for communicating with your target audience.
New Site Launch Booster: £70
I'll submit your website to Google and Bing, and set up a Google My Business page for you.
Existing Site Redirects: £70
I'll map all the old web addresses on your old website to your new web pages so you don't lose any traffic or Google profile when you switch.
SEO Audit & Improve: £250 (for up to 5 pages)
I'll review and update your text content, optimising it for search engines (and humans!), putting the right keywords in all the right places on your web pages (including the places in Squarespace you might now know about).
Additional Pages: usually £50-100 per page
Price depends on the nature of the web page; complex pages such as pricing tables or other elements requiring custom coding may be higher.
Temporary Holding Page: £140
I'll create a "Coming Soon" page that matches your brand & links to a map or form, so you have some web presence while we build your main site.
Other services such as image research, image retouching/composites, custom coding, design of email campaign templates, styling of third-party tools and more priced on request.
Terms: Prices shown are exclusive of VAT (VAT of 20% will be added for UK clients).
Payment: 50% deposit upfront, 50% upon completion. Full terms and conditions will be included in our contract.
* Further Design Changes: For most projects, the above process works well and no further changes are needed. However, if further tweaks/changes to the design are requested beyond the above 2-stage process, these can be provided at additional cost. A cost estimate will be provided before any extra work is started, and this will be time-tracked and charged at the standard hourly rate.