Enhanced Design Option
Up to 5 pages • Tailored design with bells & whistles
You get a stunning website with special design touches, plus training on how to manage it, and I'll take care of all the technical stuff like domains, image formatting and SEO basics.
This option is best if you:
- Need a finely crafted, highly tailored design that will elevate your brand and stand out from the competition, or
- Want to explore several design routes before choosing the best approach for your website, or
- Like the idea of having special design elements such as custom bullets, callout boxes, testimonial sliders, or other effects that aren't part of a standard template.
Turnaround time: Within 4-6 weeks from start date (when you send me all required materials). Lead time: Normally 3-4 weeks.
- Expert advice throughout the project, including best use of Squarespace layout elements and other features in order to communicate with your target audience in the optimal manner
- Website prep kit for you/your team: guidelines, instructions and templates you can use to gather your content & materials
- Proper setup of your Squarespace 7 account, including basic SEO setup, geographic settings (timezones, etc) and other administrative elements
- Up to 5 web pages, including any of the non-Commerce Squarespace page types (standard web page, blog, events, gallery or scrolling index page made up of multiple horizontal sections)
- Use of any standard Squarespace content/functionality blocks, such as text, images, forms, video, galleries, maps, audio
- 1 hour custom coding to add special features such as hover effects, collapsible FAQs, sliders, subtle shadows or gradients, third party fonts, custom buttons, icons for bullets, graphic dividers, or other elements that will set your website apart from the rest.
- Best practice image optimisation for your photos, so your site loads quickly and looks great on all types of devices
- Connection to your Mailchimp, OpenTable or AcuityScheduling account to use the Squarespace integration
- Design of a custom social sharing image and browser icon based on your logo/branding
- Connection to social media accounts, to display links/icons and/or feeds
- Up to 1.5 hours personalised training at my London office, via screenshare/videoconference, or through a set of tailored videos that you can refer back to in future
- Domain mapping (pointing) of 1 domain to your new website
- 20% discount on your Squarespace subscription (available for new accounts only)
- Consultation Stage: Through an email/phone/Skype consultation, we will discuss the brief, your audience, goals and sample websites.
- Design Stage 1: I will design and present to you 3 homepage mockups, each following a different design and visual route (and possibly different Squarespace templates), to act as a springboard for the next stage(s). You will feed back about any adjustments that may be desired.
- Design Stage 2: I will present a working prototype based on one (or a combination) of the initial mockups and your feedback. The prototype will include the homepage and at least 1 inner page (usually 1-2 key pages). You will review this and provide feedback on any aesthetic changes.
- Design Stage 3: Minor tweaks/adjustments will be applied to the prototype, including any custom coded features, before the aesthetics are signed off.
- Build Master Pages: I will build a master of any missing key page types, as well as applying any final tweaks to all key pages built so far, and you will review these.
- Final Build: Any remaining pages will be built (by me, you, or a combination) and you'll review these before signing off on the website. See Training section below.
- Testing: We'll test any forms, downloads, or other functionality on the website.
- Pre-Launch: You'll set up payment for your Squarespace account (if you don't have one already) and supply any info about domain names or redirects (if you have an existing website).
- Launch: I will point the domain and/or remove any password protection from the site, then it's time to break out the bubbly!
- Training: This can take place either before or after launch. Some clients like to have it beforehand, if they plan to create any pages themselves. Creating your own pages can be a good way to save money and get familiar with the system while I'm on hand for questions.
Not sure where to start, or need help figuring out what pages / content you need?
User Experience Consultation: £250
Tap into my 17+ years' experience with websites and let me help you formulate the right site structure and content formats for communicating with your target audience. You'll provide notes on your website audience & goals, along with some notes on what you think you might need, and I'll recommend a site navigation and instructions for what each page should include.
Is your website brand new?
New Site Launch Booster: £75
I'll submit your website to Google and Bing, and set up a Google My Business page for you.
Are you migrating/redesiging an existing website?
Existing Site Redirects: £75
I'll map all the old web addresses on your old website to your new web pages so you don't lose any traffic or Google profile when you switch. Price includes mapping up to 10 old site pages (ask for a price if your existing site contains lots of pages).
Do you need help writing / optimising your website for search engines (SEO)?
SEO Audit & Improve: £250 (for up to 5 pages)
I'll review and update your text content, optimising it for search engines (and humans!), putting the right keywords in all the right places on your web pages (including the places in Squarespace you might now know about).
Need more than 5 pages?
Additional Pages: usually £50 - £100 per page
The price depends on the nature of the web page: £50 for simple page layouts, £100 for long scrolling pages or complex layouts. Large data tables (such as comparison charts) may be more - I can give you a price when you share the raw materials. Includes 2 rounds of edits.
Want to have a "Coming Soon" page until your main site is ready?
Temporary Holding Page: £150
I'll create a "Coming Soon" page that matches your brand & links to a map or form, so you have some web presence while we build your main site. Includes 2 rounds of edits.
Do you need help sourcing great images...
Image Research: £35 per image
I'll take your brief and hand-pick a selection of photographs that match your brand and don't look like cheap stock shots.
... or transforming images to match your brand?
Artworking/Retouching: £75 per hour, pro rata PAYG by the minute
I'm a whiz with Photoshop and I can make composites, remove unwanted elements or recolour objects to match your brand and audience.
Terms: Prices shown are exclusive of VAT (VAT of 20% will be added for UK clients).
Payment: 50% deposit upfront, 50% upon completion. Full terms and conditions will be included in our contract.
* Further Design Changes: For most projects, the above process works well and no further changes are needed. However, if further tweaks/changes to the design are requested beyond the above 2-stage process, these can be provided at additional cost. A cost estimate will be provided before any extra work is started, and this will be time-tracked and charged at the standard hourly rate.