A Squarespace book for DIYers
One of my recent projects has been to write an instructional book for people wanting to create their own websites using Squarespace. The book is called Building Business Websites with Squarespace 7, and it’s the only book on the shelves about the latest / current version of the Squarespace platform.
I wrote the book to help all the people who either can’t afford to work with me (or other web professional) on building a website for their business, so it includes everything you need to know about making a successful website, not just how to do things step-by-step with Squarespace. The book includes:
- Detailed instructions on how to get started with Squarespace, build your pages, launch your site, and monitor the results
- Easy, jargon-free explanations of the Squarespace system written especially for non-technical people
- Instructions on what order to do things to ensure your website project is smooth, and more importantly, that it launches on time
- Tips for small businesses gained from my 17+ years experience in the digital industry, such as branding, writing/naming for SEO, structuring your site and promoting your website through social and other channels
- Links and info on resources that you can use to create your own logo, get great images for free/cheap without breaking any copyright laws, find design inspiration, test your website, and other essentials
- Handy tips on how to avoid some of the most common pitfalls when using Squarespace
- Instructions on integrating social media, including pulling in a Twitter feed, creating a tab in your Facebook page, automatic publishing of your blog posts to all your social channels – and more
So if you are struggling with Squarespace and you’d like a summary of all my best tips and how-tos in one place, this book is for you.
I’ve also created a Squarespace help website to accompany the book, so head over to www.square-help.com for even more tips, demos and examples of how the different functions of Squarespace work on a real website.